Monday 24 June 2013

Lady bird flies with a new camera

I bought this Mini DVR 808 key chain camera a while ago as many RC model enthusiasts use them for cheap video recording.

It works fairly well and records in 720x480 with a pretty narrow angle lens. Having a wide eye lens would however have been ideal for this kind of video recording. There are however other cameras that feature that but not for less than $7.

I'd recommend removing the plastic container by unscrewing a couple of screws to reduce the weight of the camera. This is what I've done to fit it to the ladybird, still it feels like it's pretty overweight at the moment. I fitted the camera using Velcro to make it possible to remove the camera if desired.



This is my first attempt to do any kind of recording so please don't mind the quality :).

You might notice that the date and time annotation is upside down, that is because I had to mount the camera upside down on the Ladybird to be able to access the start/stop buttons. I then used the enhancement features from YouTube to rotate the screen :).



No comments:

Post a Comment