Friday 17 May 2013

The radio

Choices, choices. Changes, changes.. I realised that the Turnigy 9X radio that I've chosen was in back order. I therefore made some changes. The radio that was available however was the same equipment but without its radio transmitter. I then browsed various choices of radios and stuck with a OrangeRX 433MHz radio module.


The main difference between the regular 2.4GHz radio and an 433MHz is that the lower frequency radio has longer range. A 2.4GHz radio may have a range of 300 meters open space, where a 433MHz radio can reach much further and does not require open space.

I also ordered a Bluetooth hardware to connect to the flight controller. This means that it will be possible to control the quad from my android mobile ;). Point and click on a map and it will go there.

Last but not least, shopping list is updated located in my first blog post.

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment