Thursday 1 August 2013

More electronics

Doing some further research found that HobbyKing also features the 433MHz telemetry kit I found at GLB (GoodLuckBuy.com). Link to mentioned kit.

However, this kit comes with antennas that are optimized for 900MHz rather than 433MHz according to comments. Seem to be the same transmitter and receiver anyhow so if I choose to buy these, it will be from GLB.

Further browsing, I found a flight controller resembling the MultiWii/MegaPirate controller I previously used. This controller claims to be version 3 and seem to have improvements in the way the serial ports are made. Version 2 had three serial ports in the same physical port when this controller has separate physical ports for each serial port. I can't see any other differences looking at chip specifications.
MultiWii & MegaPirate v2.0
MWC Mega 3.0













If I can find that these are compatible, I'd rather choose the version 3 as soldering small wires are a pain when breaking out the serial ports.

No comments:

Post a Comment