Thursday 4 July 2013

Sensors, sensors

This is how I've mounted the ultrasonic range finder. It needs to be mounted some distance away from other electronics to avoid interference. I still don't know if this will work but it's a first try. Otherwise I'll have to find another solution. The range finder has a maximum range of five meters and should be pretty exact. I still have no clue how the flight controller will treat it's information in conjunction with it's on-board barometer. That's for the future to tell.

The other sensor, or should I say alarm, is a lost signal alarm. It reacts by emitting beeps after one minute of no change to the servo I've attached it to. It's currently attached to the throttle and so, if I don't change the throttle for one minute, it'll start beeping. I'd say the theory is that if you don't move the stick for more then a minute, your signal should probably be lost. Anyhow, then after another minute, it'll sound a more than 85dB beep until it's regained signal. In theory you should then be able to find your model if it's crashed somewhere out of sight. Cheap insurance policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment