Tuesday 16 July 2013

Ultrasonic range finder and stuff

My trials with the ultrasonic range finder shows that it doesn't get too much interference from the other electronics that are located close by. I still made the rookie mistake by connecting the Echo and Trigger cable the wrong way around and spent much time trying to figure out what was wrong until I figured it out. I've also tried to activate AltHold while having the range finder activated. Didn't see much difference in it's behavior but it'll be essential for automatic landings.

Also, yet another motor has started showing signs of problem. It's slaming back and forth before spinning up but doesn't seem too big of an issue with that. However, after running for a while, 5-7 minutes, it gets really hot while the other three motors stay cool. I'm wondering why I'm having these problems with the motors all the time :(. Therefore I've made another order for more spare motors and I also threw in some more propellers. This time 8 inch x 4.5 propellers. Will try and see if these propellers are more suitable for the quads weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment