Tuesday 16 July 2013

Spare parts has arrived!

A spare HobbyKing X550 frame, which I'm going to do some DIY'ing to use to add another level/layer of stuff to my current frame. You'll see how it works out soonish.

Battery for the Turnigy transmitter and a li-po low voltage alarm. I must have misplaced my other alarm I ordered a while ago because I can't find it. This alarm does both show the level of charge and also sound an alarm when the charge drops below 3.3V. My ESC's are currently programmed to cut-off at 3V to not harm the battery. This will hopefully prevent any fatal crashes that could happen if the motors are cut in mid-air. Luckily, this hasn't happened yet. The only times I've encountered cut-offs are just after takeoff which resulted in a one meter free fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment